Thursday, August 13, 2009

Garter Girl



A few weeks ago I had coffee with Julianne Smith who designs a modern collection of garters. I had been emailing with Juli for months and was so excited when she told me she’d be in New York.

I know that many of us feel that the garter toss is a bit outdated, but that doesn’t mean you should forgo the tradition entirely. A garter can be an easy something blue or something new and it’s also a great keepsake for your wedding memory box.

Juli can design a garter in a zillion different color combinations so you’re sure to find one that works with your wedding theme and palette. You can contact her directly for a custom design if you don't find a pattern on her site. She’s also embroidering names, dates, monograms and sayings on garters so you can truly make it something personal.

For more garter ideas, check out her blog, Garter Girl. It’s filled with new designs, real brides wearing her garters as well as ideas and fun facts about garters and weddings.


Forgive the slighly blurred photo. It was taken on my blackberry and I think RB was in my other arm.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin