Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Gimme a Break


This is my last week on maternity leave so I'm a little unorganized with this week's posts. There are a few on my edit list but with getting everything together before I go back to work I've been unable to find time to write them. Please forgive me.

I finally got a few minutes to myself and wanted to write something today so here's a simple tip: Don't sweat the small stuff.

Your wedding is a huge event. There are dozens of guests and a variety of vendors to work with. Something is bound to go wrong either during the planning process or on the day of. Now if on the day of the band forgets to show up on time (which happened to a friend of ours) that's a big thing to worry about. But if the band is on time and everyone is on the dance floor and they play a song on your do not playlist but everyone's still dancing, let it go.

You'll make yourself crazy nitpicking every detail so don't waste your time and energy focusing on it. Look at the big picture and if the ceremony was meaningful and everyone had a great time at the reception that's all that matters.

And even though my wedding was six years ago, I can say this looking back, there were things that came up during the planning process that freaked me out. Now I think to myself, why was I so upset about that? I look back and laugh, but I remember how I felt then. And trust me, it wasn't worth the arguments and stress. Planning should be fun. If it's not: stop planning and take a break and then go back to it with a clear mind and a fresh perspective.


PS - That's me and my girl enjoying a day in the park. If I don't give Dave a photo credit he'll say something. Photo Credit: Dave

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin