Tuesday, November 24, 2009

New Trend: Singing Toasts

In case you missed this week's Field Notes column in the New York Times Style Section, you missed my quotes on the latest trend in wedding toasts: performance toasts. Best men, maids-of-honor, members of the bridal party and parents are deciding to serenade the happy couple with a parody they wrote in lieu of the traditional speech.

I just love this idea and have seen it at wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners and showers. If you aren't shy and have a way with words, more specifically lyrics, then you may want to think about singing a toast to the bride and groom.

Here's the link to the article, To the Happy Couple, and My You Tube Clip with links to some of the clips mentioned in the story.

If you know of or have performed a parody at a wedding or pre/post-wedding event I'd love to see the clip -- and I'm sure other readers would too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin