Friday, February 12, 2010

Wedding Planning Advice at Dylan's Candy Bar



I've been asked to speak at the next Wedding Salon Bootcamp, scheduled for Monday, February 22nd at Dylan's Candy Bar (1011 3rd Avenue) from 6pm to 8:30pm.

The event will include a number of local New York wedding vendors showcasing their portfolios and samples of their work (read: free cake!) and giving short seminars on their areas of expertise.

I'll be sharing my top 10 wedding planning tips. Trust me, they're good, and I don't think PIBs are on the list. Maybe it'll be my top 11 tips!

The events costs $15 for two and you can register at weddingsalon.com.

Since the event is at Dylan's Candy Bar, here's a tip referring to candy:

As you know, I think edible favors make the best favors. Most of your guests will love getting a sweet treat as they leave your reception. Since brides are always looking for wedding planning tasks their grooms will enjoy, why not assign your groom candy duty? Tell him what you're looking for re: color, size, theme and have him go shopping, online and off, for the perfect candy favor. You can also make this a two-person assignments and visit local candy stores together, purchase and taste test a variety of candies until you find the right one!

But when it comes to packaging them, I think that task goes on your to-do list.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin