Wednesday, September 03, 2008

My Other Food Obsession - Chocolate Lava Cake

You already know my obsession with pigs-in-a-blanket, and I was so happy to see them being passed at the wedding we went to this past weekend. But while I think pigs-in-a-blanket are the perfect food for the cocktail hour, I also have a favorite pick for dessert.

Yes, I have an obsession with wedding cakes, but at many of the weddings I’ve attended in the past five years, a slice of wedding cake was not the only item served for dessert.

I’m sure you’re all familiar with the chocolate lava/molten chocolate/chocolate volcano cake. It is so unbelievably good, that if the main course was horrible, you’ll walk away saying it was the best meal you ever had simply because the menu ended on such a high (and rich) note.

As you can see from the image above, we were served the chocolate lava cake with some fruit and a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, and from the photo below you can see how much I enjoyed it.

Wedding Planning Tip – You may save money on your catering bill if you decide not to serve a separate dessert course and only serve wedding cake and coffee/tea at the end of the meal, but check with your caterer. He may have an additional dessert already built into the package price. If you are planning on serving your wedding cake, talk to the caterer about a lighter dessert to complement it – sorbets or fresh berries are always a hit.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin