Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I (Finally) Got My Wedding Album...

and it's gorgeous!

For those of you who have read this blog for some time now, you probably know that we were married in 2003 and I never got my wedding album. It’s not my photographer’s fault at all. The album was not part of the package we signed up for and since we were paying for it I took my time getting the money together.

Well, I just picked it up today and it was so worth the wait.

Meg Matyia (my photographer) and I had each gone through the proofs separately and picked out our favorites and then went through them together and picked our top 60 – yes 60 pictures. After creating the perfect layout, Meg and I visited Judy Ivry Bookbinding in Manhattan and discussed how the album should be bound.

If your photographer offers a wedding album as part of your package get a good look at what he or she is offering—leather or fabric, prints printed or mounted on the paper, coffee book style.

If you like what is offered sign up for the album when you finalize the term of your agreement. If you don’t, the price may go up by the time you are ready to make your album.

If you don’t like what he or she offers, find out what your other options are. Will they give you a CD or the negatives for a one-time fee? Will they help you create the perfect layout even if you use an online or a bookbinder to produce the final album.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin