Friday, March 26, 2010

Keep an Open Mind When Planning Your Wedding Menu

I went to dinner tonight and was offered a glass of sangria. I'm not a drinker so Dave was surprised when I said yes. I want to try new things and keep an open mind. I've been set in my ways regarding food and drinks for so long. Anyway, I had a glass and it was pretty good. I don't think I'd order one for myself one day but if the table orders a pitcher I may have some again.

When it comes to your wedding menu I suggest you keep an open mind and try different foods your caterer suggests. He or she may have some new and interesting options for you to serve that your guests are sure to enjoy.

If you're not sure if you want to stray from the three wedding main course staples - meat, chicken or fish - have a tasting at your caterer's office/kitchen and bring your fiance and maybe the folks so that everyone can try out the menu. But remember to check with the caterer as to how many people you can bring with you. They may limit the tasting to you and your groom or charge you for extra people.

But no matter what you decide to serve, I always recommend serving pigs-in-a-blanket during cocktail hour with Gulden mustard. PIBs are the one wedding food everyone enjoys! I've even been to a few weddings where the caterer creates a fancy version of PIBs, but they're never as good as the original.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin