Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Proofs are Important

I got the proof for the baby announcement today with an email that any changes and additional proofs made may cost me money.  There are a few changes I want to make and I was on the fence if I should order a proof or just send in the changes and send them to the printer.  And then I thought about it.

What if there's another error in the second draft that they don't see and the 200 cards are printed with an error?  I'd pay another few hundred dollars for the new print run, when a second proof may cost me at the most $100.  So I'm going to pay for the new proof to be safe.

When it comes to your wedding save-the-date cards, invitations, programs and other printed items I highly recommend getting a proof and checking it twice.  You may also want to have a parent, sibling and/or friend review copy before you even send it in for a proof to make sure that all spelling and grammatical errors are caught.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin