Thursday, July 31, 2008

Random Wedding Music Tips

Last night we went to Chorus Karaoke, a local New York City karaoke bar – with private rooms thank g-d. I’ve always wanted to do karaoke, but never had the opportunity. We were a small group of four, but we had the best time. I sang my heart out. And the night inspired me to write two tips/ideas for today’s post.

1 – If you’re looking to have a fun time, without strippers, at your bachelorette party, you may want to go to your local karaoke bar. They might have discounted rates if you get there before a certain time and you can secure a private room if you're shy in front of strangers. (We got 20% off the hourly rate because we were there before 9pm.) I’m not saying it’s the only thing to do, but you can easily make it part of your night.

2 – One of the songs I sang last night was I Will Survive and I just want to mention that I really don’t think this is an appropriate song for a wedding. Maybe it’s just me, but I never liked the idea of playing songs at a wedding that have to do with leaving someone. I’m sure there are other fun disco-era songs that your band or DJ can play instead if you love the 1970s. Donna Summer has a whole bunch of fun disco songs you could sing. Maybe It's Raining Men should be reserved for the bachelorette party.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin