Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Table Assignments

It's been a crazy day and I just started making the one thing I was assigned for Thanksgiving, my grandparents' spinach recipe - it's amazing and one of the few things I know how to cook.

Anyway, I saw a friend and her 4-year-old daughter for lunch and she was telling me about a wedding they recently went to.  My friend was a guest of the groom, and knew all of his college friends, but for some reason, the couple sat her at a table with the bride's friends because they all had little kids at the wedding too.

My friend ended up moving over to the table where she knew the people and her daughter had fun on the dance floor all night along.

Moral of the story:  It's always better to sit a guest with people he, she or they know, then to assume they'd be comfortable with people they don't know but in a similar situation.  For example:  If there are a group of friends who know each other and one person does not have a date, sit them with friends.  Don't sit them with strangers at the "singles table."

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin