Thursday, December 04, 2008

Sample Sale 411

Unfortunately, I don’t always learn about sample sales outside NYC. I received an email from a bride the other day asking if I knew of any sample sales in her home state, but unless I get an email from a salon telling me about a sale, there really isn’t any way for me to know about a sale.

But here’s what you can do:

Call your local bridal salon and ask them if they are having an upcoming sample sale. They may not advertise them, but they’ll know if something is coming up. The next best thing is a trunk show. Wedding gown designers as well as bridal salons will list their trunk show schedules on their Web sites, and stores will usually offer a 10% (or more) discount on gowns bought at a trunk show.

If you're looking for a deal online, be careful. Always double check the return policy in case it doesn’t fit. and if a deal seems to good to be true, it might be.

I know I’ve written about sample sale shopping tips multiple times on this blog, but I just posted some on Brides.com’s blog, Wedded Bits.

PS - If you hear of a sample sale in your area, please email me the information and I'd be happy to post it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin