Friday, August 08, 2008

A Cake for Your Wedding Cake

I can admit it. I’m a chocoholic.

And my favorite chocolate is the double fudge chocolate Entenmanns’s cake with the chocolate icing. My Grandma Ruthie always had a box (or two) in her house when we came to visit.

When we started planning our wedding I actually called the customer service department at Entenmanns’s and asked if they would make my wedding cake. They wouldn’t. And they wouldn’t give me the recipe either.

I’ve been looking online for some beach-themed cakes for a story I’m working on and I came across this fabulous cake on Kate Sullivan’s site, CakePower.com.

At my shower, in addition to petit fours and chocolate lollies, my sister got me an Entenmanns’s cake – actually four and made them look like one big one – it had "Congratulations Anne & Dave" written on them. But if I knew this one existed, I’m sure I would have emailed her and recommended they get this one for the shower. Or if the groom’s cake could be more about the bride, maybe I would have served this one along with my moon and stars wedding cake by Ron Ben Israel.

Anyway, my point is that when you’re thinking of your cake design – for the traditional bride’s cake or a creative groom’s cake - you should talk to your baker about all the possibilities. Talk to him or her about all of your/his interests and hobbies. A talented baker can turn almost any idea into a delicious masterpiece.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin