Tuesday, August 12, 2008

RSVP Card Formats

I’m not a big TV watcher, I’m more of a movie person, but this weekend we discovered the British comedy, Coupling on BBC America on Demand. It is the funniest show I’ve ever seen, and if you don’t get it on demand, you can rent season one through four on Neflix.

In one of the episodes we saw, each character received a wedding invitation and when they zoomed in on it I noticed something interesting. The last line read: RSVP and then a phone number followed.

While most wedding invitations come with an RSVP card and envelope set, I have seen alternative ways to have guests reply to your invite. But what is the most proper form?

I’m a fan of the more formal/traditional style so I always recommend sending an RSVP card/envelope or postcard with your wedding invitation. But I’ve also seen RSVP capabilities on personalized Wed-sites couples create and I’ve also seen 1-800 numbers posted on wedding invites, with directions to call in your reply. Press one to accept, press 2 to decline.

But what do you think? Would you ask guests to phone in or email their replies? Or are RSVP cards the only way to go? (They also make great wedding keepsakes when guests write messages to the bride and groom.)

The RSVP card featured here is the Sweetheart design from Hello! Lucky.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin