Vera Wang is hosting a sample sale on Sunday, February 27th (12noon - 6pm) and Monday, February, 28th (9am - 6pm) at the Vera Wang Bridal house (980 Madison Avenue, 3rd floor, NYC - 212-628-9898).
You'll find wedding gowns, evening gowns, shoes and accessories at a huge discount!
Here are some of my sample sale shopping tips to help you make the most of the sale:
- Go to a sample sale with an idea of what you are looking for —- ball gown, strapless, lace. The best way to do this is to have already visited some salons and have tried on wedding dresses.
- Sample sale dresses are not used, but they will be need to be cleaned. Ask the salon for the name of a reputable wedding gown cleaner.
- Bring your mom or a friend with you. You'll need the extra help grabbing dresses from the racks and you'll also want their opinions.
- Bridal salons may not offer alterations on wedding dresses sold at a sample sale, so ask the salon for the names of recommended seamstresses.
- Sample sale dresses are listed as "Final Sale" so you can't bring the dress back for a refund or exchange. Make sure the dress you're interested in is really the dress.
- Above all, trust your instincts. If it's truly the right dress you'll know. If you're not sure, keep looking. You don't want to end up having to sell a sample dress on your own.