Bridal show season has officially begun! Now that the new year is here you'll be hearing about bridal shows, expos, showcases, wedding parties and other wedding-related events for brides (and grooms).
These events are filled with vendors featuring their work, the latest wedding dresses, delicious appetizers and cakes to taste, giveaways and goodies for engaged couples.
Some events are very big and others are more intimate. Whatever type of event you are attending here are some suggestions on what you may want to bring with you:
1. A bag to collect business cards, brochures and giveaways from prospective vendors
2. A buddy. You don’t have to bring your groom, and after the first one he goes to he may not go again so willingly. Ask mom, your sister or a bridesmaid to keep you company.
3. A pen and paper to take notes of conversations you have with vendors as well as ideas you see that you want to remember.
4. A camera, and not just the one on your phone. Snap pictures of flowers, cakes, dresses and anything else you want to add to your wedding planning folder or organizer.
Here’s what not to bring with you:
1. A wedding organizer/planner. Organizers tend to be very heavy so take notes in a planning notebook and place those pages in your organizer when you get home. I recommend the planning notebook at russell+hazel because the pages are perforated and 3-hole punched.
2. A long list of questions to ask vendors. These are quick meet and greet opportunities, vendors want to talk to as many prospective clients as possible so don’t monopolize someone’s time with tons of question. If you like a vendor call them to schedule a formal appointment.
3. A negative attitude. If you’re not in wedding planning mode don’t waste your time. There’s always another wedding event that you can attend.