Monday, March 01, 2010

Wedding Inspiration from the Muppets

I have no idea why the theme song to The Muppet Show is in my head, but I've been humming it all day and now that I'm home I've been singing it. I'm trying to think if there's a wedding tip in this and there are two things that I came up with.

1 - Inspiration. Think back to your childhood because there could be something from those years that inspires you. If you were the type of little girl who dreamed of her wedding day think back to what those dreams were. Did you always imagine walking down to the aisle to a particular song? What did the flowers and cake look like? What did you dance to with your dad? Was there something you remember from a wedding you attended as a child that you always wanted to do for your wedding? Inspiration can come from anywhere! Even from the Muppets.

2 - Music. One of my favorite songs about weddings is from the movie The Muppets Take Manhattan and it's sung by every character: Somebody's Getting Married. It's just one of those songs that make you smile. I made a CD of wedding-themed songs and played it while we were getting ready. The other songs on the disc were Going to the Chapel, With This Ring, Get Me to the Church on Time and The Boy I'm Gonna Marry.  I made a similar CD of shower-type songs for my sister's shower that we played while guests arrived.  I just thing it's a fun way to add to all the excitement.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin