At the Be Engaged event last weekend at The White Dress by the Shore in Clinton, CT, event designer Michelle Rago, owner of Michelle Rago Ltd. and I were invited to join in a panel discussion (me as moderator) on wedding planning – with a focus on destination weddings.
The panel members included Beth Chapman, owner of The White Dress by the Shore who gave brides some tips on shopping for a wedding dress. Christine Toner, owner of Stonington Design+Paperie talked about the do’s and don’ts of save-the-date cards and the design process for creating your wedding invitation. And Michelle Rago discussed what an event designer does and how you can make your wedding unique.
Here are some of my favorite tips:
- Once you find a designer you like, call the local salon who caries the line and ask if they have or can get in a sample of the specific style you’re interested in.
- Don’t forget to wear underwear to your bridal salon appointments and fittings.
- Remember to include travel information – suggested airlines and accommodations – on your save-the-date card, as well as the url for your wedding Web site.
- Create a wedding Web site to keep guests informed of events and travel information.
- You want to create an experience for your guests. Think of all of the events and the details at the wedding and focus on the elements that will really make an impact.
Visit JustinMarantz.com to see more images and learn more about the other vendors at the event.
Photo credit: Justin Marantz Photography