Friday, April 02, 2010

Crafting at Martha Stewart's


Yesterday I went to Stitchfest at the offices of Martha Stewart Living. The reason for the event was the launch of Martha's latest book, Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts.

The event featured a number of stations where guests could make their own crafts. They included making tomato pushpin pillows, embroidering pillowcases and some technique of painting an item and stamping them on clothes or linens, but the name of it escapes me at the moment.

I loved the floral embroidery on handkerchiefs and I thought they would make a great gift for moms or your bridesmaids. I'm not that great at arts and crafts but the techniques in the book don't look that scary.  You can see samples of the hankies above.

If you're a crafter this book is definitely for you.  And speaking of Martha, I found (okay I knew they were there) dozens of Martha Stewart Living magazines from the '90s and early 2000s that I don't need and can't store so if you want something let me know and I'll just charge you the shipping.  If you live or work in NYC we can meet up some where.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin