Thursday, September 17, 2009

Anne's Big Wedding Registry Don't

Sorry this is such a short post but I really don't feel the need to defend my opinion on this one.  I was talking to someone today about their friend's registry - a honeymoon registry, which I think is fine - but then she mentioned cash registries and my flat out, not going to change my mind on this one is:  No way, no how.

There is absolutely no proper way to ask for cash gifts through a registry.  In my opinion it is wrong.  I've seen treasure chests on wedding Web sites that link to paypal accounts, I've heard of people not registering at retail stores because they thought that would encourage cash or checks at the wedding.

Look:  You're going to get gifts that your guests want to give you.  There's nothing you can do about it.  But please do not register for cash.  I know there are new sites that let you do that but it's tacky and it implies that you're greedy and in it for the money.

So just don't do it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin