Jorge gave us a tour of the showroom along with tips on how to create a registry to ensure you have everything you need to entertain at home. He had several areas set up and each one featured items used in traditional as well as non-traditional ways. Here are some of the tips and ideas he shared with us:
- Register for items that can be used in more than one way. For example he used a pitcher to serve popcorn, crystal picture frames with the backs removed as serving trays and plates and cups and saucers to serve soup.
- Make sure to register for a lot of bowls - in different sizes and patterns - because when you entertain you'll find that bowls come in handy for serving food, dips, vessels for flowers and more!
- Mix and match your china patterns. You can serve the first course with a different pattern from your dinner and dessert course. So if you can't decide between two patterns, register for both!
- Most china and crystal products today are dishwasher safe so there's no reason why you can't use (and enjoy) them everyday.
- Many people assume that hand washing crystal will prevent breakage, but actually more crystal stemware is chipped or breaks when washed by hand then when washed in the dishwasher.
Several bloggers commented that they didn't think they would ever use china and crystal so they didn't register for it, and at the event they said they regretted that decision. Don't make the same mistake - or have the same regret - remember to register for china and crystal and flatware. You'll thank yourself later.