Thursday, June 10, 2010

Heal Your Heels

I was at breakfast to day with Kelly Faetanini the designer of the Jewel by Priscilla of Boston this morning and she asked me what I blog about and as I was giving her some examples of my tips from everyday life the woman at the next table interrupted us.

She said that she had a wedding tip that she thought I should share:  She said that it's very hard for women to wear high heels to outdoor weddings where there is no floor and your heels sink into the ground - they also get damaged.

She didn't know why people didn't think they could were flats to outdoor weddings so they aren't constantly digging their shoes out of the grass or dirt or in rainy cases, mud.  Or why the bride and groom don't think of having a floor rented to help the situation.

I don't remember if I wrote about Sole Mates but they are clear or black plastic covers to protect your high heels.  I don't know how much they'll prevent you from sinking into the ground but they will help prevent damage to your choos.  Sorry shoes.   Sorry had to do it.

As for flooring.  If you are getting married outdoors it may be worth renting a floor, especially if the ground is uneven or extremely soft.

We went to an event in a tent where the only floor was the dance floor and it had rained the day before so the ground was soaking wet and muddy.  Of course I was wearing satin open toe heels and they were almost destroyed.  The heels kept sinking into the mud and the mud kept soaking up the front of the shoe too.  Luckily I have a great cobbler who saved them, but it was touch and go there for a few days.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin