I watched the last hour of the TODAY Show Throws a Wedding this morning and caught the newlyweds cutting their beautiful cake.
For the cake cutting ceremony, the couple had assistance from Hoda and Kathie Lee and while you won't have "celebrities" helping you, you should confirm with your catering or location manager that there will be someone on the wait staff on hand to assist you.
You may think that you don't need help cutting your cake but there are a few things that you will need assistance with:
- bringing the cake to the center of the dance floor
- telling you where to place the knife -- some cakes are "fake" and only have a small area with cake specifically for the cake cutting ceremony
- how to pose for the photo -- bride's hand on the knife and the groom's over hers
- he or she will have a plate available and help put the slice you cut on a plate so you don't stain your dress or his tux
- roll the cake table to the kitchen to be served
And of course you'll need an extra pair of hands with a napkin on hand to help you or your groom remove excess cake from your face if one of you decides to smash the slice into the other's face. But you and your groom won't do that, right?
Photo Credit: TODAY Show/Denis Reggie