If you're planning on having your pet at your wedding, either as a member of the bridal party or as an invited guest, there's no reason he or she can't dress appropriately.
Donna from Beautiful Blooms in Philadelphia created this floral tie made of blue delphiniums and green pom pom chrysanthumums for TJ. Visit the Beautiful Blooms blog to see more floral attire for your pet. Photo by Marie Labbancz.
There are some things to keep in mind if you are including your pet(s) in any capacity:
- Make sure that someone is in charge of your pet - and make it someone he knows. As the bride and groom, you don't want to have to take a break from your wedding to feed or walk the dog.
- Have both a bowl of food and water available. And bring extra food.
- If your pet will be walking down the aisle, have a friendly face at the other end for him to walk too and give that person a treat for the dog once he gets to the end.
- Similar to children at a wedding, you may want to consider hiring a sitter to watch your pet(s) so you don't have to worry about them.
- Double and triple check that your ceremony and reception sites are pet-friendly.
- If you are leaving for your honeymoon from the wedding ask a friend or relative, who your pet knows, to take your pet wherever he is going to be while you're away.