Monday, July 13, 2009

Do You Have to Make a Sissy?

This is what my friend’s dad asked her right before she left the house for the reception hall for her wedding. While it may sound funny he asked a good question. You don’t want to get in your gown, especially if it’s a complicated one, and then realize you need to use the bathroom.

While this may seem like weird advice, try and use the restroom before you put your dress on.

It’s also a good idea to have a relative or friend know how to help you in and out of your dress in case you can’t do it yourself. At my wedding, I grabbed a friend and she helped me out of my dress during the reception and then at her wedding, right before the ceremony, I held up her dress’s skirt for her. What are friends for right?

I know this may be too much information, but it’s something you won’t think about until it’s too late. You do not want to have an accident on your wedding day. How would you explain why there’s a stain on your dress or why you had to change into your getting ready outfit halfway through the wedding?

So when your friend is learning how to bustle your train during your last fitting, make sure she pays attention to any other design details that will get you in and out of your gown, including buttons and corset lacing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin