I can't believe bridal market is right around the corner. Shows in Chicago I think are this coming week and then the New York shows start April 6th. I just wanted to share a few bits of information to keep in mind as you read posts on the designer runway shows.
1. The dresses shown at market will most likely not be available for brides until September at the earliest, so if you're getting married in the fall you shouldn't wait for the dress to arrive in stores.
2. Not every dress shown will make it to salons and designers may have a few additional designs that they don't show on the runway but they do manufacture them, so don't assume the runway pictures are everything from that designer.
3. The best way to see a complete collection is to schedule an appointment during a designer trunk show. You can see designer trunk show schedules on designer web sites and bridal salon web sites. Call and make an appointment when you learn of the dates so you guarantee yourself an appointment.
4. Print out pictures from the April 2011 shows and bring them with you to bridal salon appointments. Just because that dress won't be available doesn't mean you can't find something similar that is already in salons.
5. Accessories may hit bridal salons earlier so if you're looking fora headpiece, dress embellishment, bag or other bridal accessory you may have more luck in finding it sooner.