Friday, March 04, 2011

Organizing Your Wedding Address Book

I have my baby announcements but I don’t have all the addresses of family and friends to send them to. I should because it’s been less than two years since the last time I need everyone’s addresses to mail my daughter’s baby announcements.

This time I’ve decided to make a file of all the addresses -- my family, Dave’s family and friends -- so the next time I need to mail a bunch of invitations or announcements I won’t have to bother friends and relatives for them.

As you plan your wedding and mail out save-the-date cards keep a file of the addresses of your guests so when you are putting together the address list for your wedding invitations you already have a preliminary list. You can even start getting addresses together months before your wedding, but I wouldn’t ask anyone you’re not absolutely sure will be receiving a wedding invitation. How would you feel if someone asked for your address and then nothing ever came in the mail?

Being organized is one of the best ways to keep wedding-planning stress at bay, so start organizing your wedding mailing list early in the process to avoid a wedding-related meltdown.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin